Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Ahead of Schedule (Dec 17)

The healthy breakfasts kept my head clear and my energy going. 

After working on the poster in the morning and putting into perspective just how much work we'd done and how much work we'd yet to do, I would be able to squeeze in a visit to town to get a haircut like I'd planned the day before. First, I wanted to see the waterfall everyone was talking about. So, I set out on the water trail with high spirits. 
The "catarata" was like how people described it. Nothing huge, but it bragged its own unique beauty. I sat on a log watching the water fall like an obsessed person for a good forty minutes. I figured that I would leave at lunchtime, then head to town for a quick haircut. 

Someone told me they wanted to meet at 3 to go hiking on one of the trails when I got back from town. 

I got back on time. After asking around, I found no clue of them. In my head,  I could still see the catarata feeding the water beneath. I chose not to wait a moment longer, grabbed my things, and headed to hike the water trail again. The second time was just as awesome as the first time I visited the waterfall.

Maybe I'd go a third time the next day, so far, the water trail beat all the other trails.

I went to bed happily with tired legs.


No comments: