Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Mission Impossible (Dec 10)

Woke up in Hotel Bed
Room 2037
Red Lion Hotel
Houston, Texas
12.10.2018

Mission Objective: Get to San Jose by end of day, without mistakes.

Mission Summary: Success

   Swearing to myself that I would pull the will out of me to get things done on this trip, I disappointingly looked at laziness in the face, and got up from the hotel bed. My legs moved out the door while my hazy mind still pulled the rest of my body to the bed. I was too busy fighting the battle in my head to realize that I was standing in the middle of the empty hotel weight room. While I waited for my mind to focus, I tried to think about what kind of agony I was going to put my body through. The goal was to push my limit at the beginning of the day so that I'd be prepared for whatever unexpected challenge presented itself later in the day. It was an important day, I had to be forreal ready.

The overwhelming burn and exhaustion of the workout gave me the comfort to know that, most likely, nothing in the day could hurt me as much as the pain I had just went through. Not surprisingly, the day did get better from that point.

The day flew by quickly. I felt that I had a good handle on what was occurring around me as I went through my day, that is, until I met Jessica outside the San Jose airport; that's another mission summary for another time. At the end of the day, I was happy that Id finally made it to San Jose without mistakes.



 




 

   


No comments: