Thursday, December 20, 2018

Presentations!! (Dec 19)

It was crucial that I wake up on time today and get straight to business. Today was the day for presentations and I didn't practice at all yesterday. First, I needed to find Kassandra, so we could start practicing our presentation. Practicing was more for my sake than hers. She was more experienced with these kinds of things. 

As nervous as I was this morning, I had to choke down what I could from breakfast. Outside the cafeteria was a group of people saying their good-byes to a few of the Ngabe. 

After that, we practiced the presentation for close to 2 hours before it was actually time to present. 

Presentations went well. Gracias a dios.

After presentations, I immediately grabbed my hiking stuff and set out to see the waterfall again, I needed to clear my head of the presenting. This time, I found a little frog near the waterfall.
Later in the night, it started to rain like crazy. I figured I should enjoy my last stay at Las Cruces, so I went outside, grabbed a chair and set as close to the rain as I could without getting too wet. From that chair, I heard pieces of peoples conversations about their crazy days; I saw the silhouettes of tall tress in the night; I felt a sense of comfort in the dense fog that covered the forest like a steaming sauna. I would miss this.

No comments: