Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Exploring (Dec 15)

Having collected most of our data for the project, I thought it'd be a good day to go further down the trail than we did before.

Skipping to the afternoon: I grabbed my hiking stuff and asked my group partner if she wanted to come with. I emphasized that this time I was hiking until I got tired. She was just as prepared as I was. In fact, she took the lead. It was no longer my hike, but hers.

We were speed-hiking the main trail for several minutes when it came time to take a turn and go on to one of the longer trails. I only heard the rumors of how tough a trail it can be. Those thoughts flooded my head when I felt my legs get really hot and felt sweat collect on my forehead. I felt the burn going up every slope. All of a sudden, she halted and quietly pointed ahead of the sloped trail. I peeked over the top of the sloped trail, doing my best to keep my loud breathing under control. There, I'd seen what looked like black monkeys crossing the trail. A group of these animals came out of the forest and crossed the path even closer than the ones we were looking at.

That experience fueled my imagination and so helped push me through the rest of the trail.

I went to bed nice & tired that day.


No comments: