Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Smooth Day Gone Rough (Dec 9)

   I woke up Sunday morning with energy and excitement to prepare for the flight departing Bismarck, ND at 1 in the afternoon. I carefully packed all the stuff from the excel list in the email, I got to the airport on time, I was ready to tackle the day! I had my whole day planned out in my head. Going the way I was going, I should be in San Jose by the night around 11ish.

   On arriving to the airport, I handed with confidence all the necessary paperwork to the lady checking in flights. After typing something into the computer she slightly paused, anxiety hit me hard in that moment. She asked her coworker for help and thats when panic came rushing into me like crazy. I thought I'd done something wrong. Thats when the airport lady told me that the first flight was going to be late. She explained, the late flight would cause me to miss all the connecting flights to get to San Jose that night at 11ish. The airport lady apologized and then checked me in for the late flight.

   Long story short: After talking to a whole bunch of airport people about alternatives, I still was nowhere near San Jose at 11ish that night. At least for the night,  I had a hotel room and food vouchers from talking to the airport people. What started out as a smooth planned day, turned into a rough unexpected day. 


No comments: